Tuesday, April 3, 2007

What Love!

If our greatest need had been information, God would have sent an educator. If our greatest need had been technology, God would have sent us a scientist. If our greatest need had been money, God would have sent us an economist. But since our greatest need was forgiveness, God sent us a Savior. — Max Lucado

Someone said, “At the old rugged cross” we see man at his worst and God at His best.”

The story is told about Cyrus, the founder of the Persian Empire, once had capturing a prince and his family. When they came before him, the monarch asked the prisoner, “What will you give me if I release you?”

“Half of my wealth,” was his reply.

“And if I release your children?”

“Everything I possess.”

“And if I release your wife?”

““Your Majesty, I will give myself.”

Cyrus was so moved by his devotion that he freed them all. As they returned home, the prince said to his wife, “Wasn’t Cyrus a handsome man!”

With a look of deep love for her husband, she said to him, “I didn’t notice. I could only keep my eyes on you--the one who was willing to give himself for me.”

May we be so mesmerized by the One who gave His life for us all. I am so glad the Scripture says, “For God so loved the world He gave His only Son.” If you are part of “the world” you are included in His love.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, as we move through this holy week approaching the day we, as a church, celebrate your resurrection from the dead help me to remember how loved I am, how cherished I am by You. I don’t want to be swelled by sinful pride, but rather by a grateful heart. I may be undeserving, but I am not unloved. “Thank you” seems so small. I am glad You know my heart and the value of those two words spoken from my heart. AMEN.

Blessings!
Pastor Roger

No comments: