Monday, April 23, 2007

Where is I AM?

Many people spend their lives regretting the past and fearing the future because of the pain of the past. But think about what God said to Moses when he was standing at the burning bush. Remember what He said? It’s in Exodus 3. Moses asked, “Who will I tell them sent me?” God said, “Tell them ‘I am’ has sent you, and I am that ‘I am.’”

When you live in the past with it’s pain and regret it is difficult because God is not there. His name is “I AM” not “I WAS.” When you spend all your time thinking about the future and fearing its challenges and problems it is difficult for you because His name is “I AM” not “I WILL BE.”

Moses needed to know then and there who was going with Him. We often talk about taking one day at a time, living one day at a time. This I know, God, I AM, has been with me in the past and will be with me in the future, and He will be whatever I need Him to be at any given moment. But where I need Him most is RIGHT NOW, today, this moment.

When we call on human help we often get “in a minute” or “later” or “tomorrow” or “when I get the time.” But our God is “a very present help in time of trouble.” (Psalm 46:1)

He is there with you right now. Don’t miss Him by looking so much for “I WAS” or “I WILL BE” that you miss “I AM.”

Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are with me right now. You know every thought and hear every cry of my heart. I will be blessed and will do great this day because You are the I AM. AMEN.

Blessings!
Pastor Roger

No comments: